Title: Payroll Technician
Department: Finance and Accounting
Supervisor: Accounting Supervisor
Rate of Pay: $14-$20
This is an entry level position; we need someone that is a quick learner and a productive worker who would like to come grow a career with the Pit River Tribe. The payroll technician is responsible for processing all payroll for Tribal employees.
1. Ensure accurate processing of payroll biweekly
2. Print and disbursement of all payroll checks and direct deposits
3. Record vacation and sick accrual
4. Keeping track of and updating HR files
5. Assist with other tasks as assigned
1. Must be High School graduate or Equivalent, and one year of general accounting experience
2. Must be able to type and ten-key with accuracy
3. Must be able to pass a background check (no felonies)
4. Knowledge of MIP is a plus
5. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) is a plus
ALL applicants must be willing to submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check. Preference will be given to Native Americans in accordance with P.L. 93-638. Benefits after successful completion of 90 day initial trial period include: paid holidays, accumulative vacation and sick time.